We are not out to raise money, nor prove what great shape we are in. We are just Biking the Burbs For Beer.
The 6th Biking the Burbs for Beers bike ride is:
- The ride will depart from downtown Flossmoor at 10:30 riding through Flossmoor Park and parts of old Flossmoor to the north side of the Heights to Dino's Food and Liquors for beer and Bloody Marys
- From Dino's we will ride south through some of the great old neighborhoods of Chicago Heights to Paulie's Pub in South Chicago Heights.
- A nice ride further south through portions Sauk Trail Woods bike path we will arrive at J' Martin's Tap in Steger. Bob E. Lee and his band will be on hand to play some classic rock tunes. The band does not charge a fee for playing, however, tips will be welcomed and we will pass the hat. You are sure to enjoy as it is probably the highlight of the trip. Martin's famous fruit salad will also be on hand to enjoy and give you an energy boost.
- From Martin's we will head north to 3 Star Tavern on "The Hill" in Chicago Heights for a buffet lunch and more refreshments.
- After lunch we will head north through the Heights and back to Flossmoor- ETA 4:30.
BBB is a very informal bike ride through parts of Flossmoor, Chicago Heights, South Chicago Heights and Steger. It’s a chance for family anf friends to get together to enjoy a day of fresh air, activity and conversation. We will ride through several majestic old neighborhoods and give people a chance to see parts of the area that they may not see very often, and for some, areas that they have never seen. We stop at several local establishments to relax and enjoy a drink or two. All of the places we visit are family owned and operated by great people that support their local communities. They’re all old school, if you’re looking for anything new, “upscale” or trendy you will be disappointed. There is no cost for the ride except what you choose to spend of food and drink. A buffet lunch will be available at 3 Star. We only ask that you do not over indulge and please be generous with your servers.
This is a free event except for your beer and food costs- call 708-267-4540 with questions